Extended Care Hospital
In partnership with LHC Group, Ochsner Extended Care Hospital is a long-term acute care unit designed to care for the most critically-ill patients for an extended period of time (usually about 20 to 30 days).
Located at Ochsner's West Campus facility, the Extended Care Hospital is staffed by 85 employees dedicated to delivering comprehensive, integrated treatment, helping patients recover from conditions ranging from cardiovascular and neurological disorders to infectious diseases and trauma. The unit includes 32 private rooms with state-of-the-art equipment – five of which are dedicated to patients who require critical care observation.
We pledge to be:
- Person centered. We know the people we serve, understand their needs, and tailor healthcare to ensure the best journey possible.
- Quality focused. We’re passionately committed to making healthcare better every day by leading the industry in clinical excellence and service quality.
- Community minded. We empower our clinicians and staff to embrace the communities they serve, because the best care happens in the context of strong relationships.
How We Can Help
Our long-term acute care hospital provides intense, specialized treatment for patients who require service for an extended period of time – often transferring from intensive care units in traditional hospitals.
Our highly trained healthcare staff focuses on care customized for each and every individual. We get to know the patients and families we serve. Their health, happiness, and well-being is the reason and motivation behind everything we do.
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Case Management and Social Services
- Complex Respiratory Services, including Ventilator Weaning, Pulmonary Hygiene, Tracheotomy, and Chest Physiotherapy
- Daily Physician Intervention and 24-hour Nursing Care
- Discharge Planning
- Laboratory, Radiology, and Pharmacy
- Nutrition and Dietary Management
- Pain Management
- Patient and Family Education
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech/Language Therapies
- Specialized IV Team
- Telemetry/Cardiac Monitoring
Contact Us Today